- live entertainment
- interactive polling
- motivating video
- engaging teaching
What topics does the assembly cover?
- secret struggles
- depression/mental health
- system of care
What is the cost of The Get Schooled Tour®?
Program pricing varies depending on the number of sessions you will need at your school, and whether the presenter will be visiting more than one school in your district. You can get a quote filling out the request form on this page. The Get Schooled Tour is committed to working with businesses in your community to raise the dollars needed to cover the assemblies you want to have in your school.
What type of music is played live?
The Get Schooled Tour is committed to positive messaging and working with musicians that are consistent in their song lyrics to build up those that listen to their music. The Get Schooled Tour has worked with a wide variety musical guests but choose artists that have a personal passion for the issues discussed.
Does the event use strobe lighting?
No, but the event does have lighting that flickers, which could cause those with photosensitivity issues to experience discomfort. We recommend those students be offered an alternative to the assembly event.
How does the polling work?
The Get Schooled Tour uses a custom polling software. Students are polled via their device’s web browser using a closed wifi network brought in by the Get Schooled Tour. In some schools the students may use texting to poll instead.
Does the presentation need to be 60 minutes?
The presentation is best suited for a 60 minute presentation.
Will there be a need for crowd control when the musician performs?
It’s recommended that the Principal or School Administrator set ground rules before the presentation.
What happens after the presentation?
At the conclusion of the presentation, announcements are made on how students can connect with professional therapists that are on location following the assembly. Additionally, students typically want photos and autographs with the musicians or magician. The Get Schooled Tour also provides each student in attendance with cards that invite them to chat with a 24/7 crisis chat center.
How many versions of the Get Schooled Tour are there?
We currently have three different versions of the Get Schooled Tour program so that schools can have a different collection of video stories, entertainers, and content from year to year.
What does the school need to provide?
- a gym or auditorium for the presentation and easy access to the room for the production equipment to load/unload.
- access to the proper electrical needs for the tour production.
- 6-8 students to help unload the tour trailer and load at the end of the presentation.
How could our school benefit most by this opportunity?
- work with partners of the Get Schooled Tour to get your staff trained with Youth Mental Health First Aid.
- book a TrendsandTeens.com parenting workshop for the evening of your event.
- help find other schools in your city for the Get Schooled Tour to make your community stronger.
- collaborate with other community leaders so The Get Schooled Tour can host an extended evening concert in your community.