Since 2007 the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has alerted citizens about the increased risk to younger children when it comes to mental illness and risk of suicide.
As a response to that risk, and one that prevents young students from beginning a struggle in secret, the Get Schooled Tour is pleased to offer Get Schooled Tour Jr.
Get Schooled Tour Jr. is a 3o minute program designed to help educate children, grades 1 -5, about what mental health is, how to express one’s feelings, and why talking with a trusted adult is key to living a healthy life. During the presentation kids will interact with a live presenter, watch video clips, and be given action steps to work on following the presentation.
Students will learn:
- that we all have mental health and it’s important to talk about it
- that our brain needs to be cared for like the rest of our body
- what’s the difference between mental health and mental illness?
- how to better understand why I feel the way I do
- why it’s important to have trusted adults in our life
If you would like to learn more about Get Schooled Tour Jr. email us at email@example.com or call 260-348-6683.